Poland’s Iga Suatek extended her lead at the top of the WTA rankings released on Monday after her victory over French Open American Coco Goff in Paris, who has moved closer to the top-10.
The 21-year-old Polish star took the world number one ranking after Australian Ashley Barty retired in early April.
And after claiming his 35th consecutive win at Roland Garros, he is now 4,300 points ahead of Estonia’s new world number two Annette Contavit.
Despite being knocked out of her first round in Paris, the contest rose three spots, with French Open title winner Barbora Krezsekova benefiting from an early upset.
The Czech player paid the price in his first round by dropping 12 players to 14th place from French teenager Diane Parry.
Goff is 13th, 10 steps ahead.
American Jessica Pegula, who lost to Sweettech in the quarterfinals, is three steps ahead in the top 10.
French Open semifinals Daria Kasatkina of Russia and Martina Travisan of Italy moved up to 12th and 27th, respectively.
WTA ranking as of June 6, 2022
1. Iga Swiatek (POL) 8631 points
2. Annette Contavit (EST) 4326 (+3)
3. Pala Badosa (ESP) 4245 (+1)
4. Ons Jabeur (TUN) 4150 (+2)
5. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4016 (-2)
6. Arena Sabalenka (BLR) 3966 (+1)
7. Carolina Pliskova (CZE) 3678 (+1)
8. Jessica Pegula (United States) 3255 (+3)
9. Daniel Collins (USA) 3255
10. Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) 3060
11. Emma Radukanu (GBR) 2975 (+1)
12. Daria Kasatkina (RUS) 2765 (+8)
13. Coco Gough (United States) 2756 (+10)
14. Barbora Krejsikova (CZE) 2642 (-12)
15. Leylah Fernandez (CAN) 2605 (+3)
16. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) 2596 (-3)
Belinda Bensik (SUI) 2585 (-3)
18. Angelique Business (GER) 2474 (-1)
19. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 2330 (-4)
20. Simona Halep (ROM) 2196 (-1)
27. Martina Travisan (ITA) 1748 (+32)
Get the hottest sports news right in your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access Philippine Daily Inquirer and 70+ other headlines, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download by 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, please contact us.