French Open champion Iga Schwartz is at the top of the new WTA rankings released on Monday, 4000 points ahead of number two Annette Contavit.
The 21-year-old has held the top spot since Australian Ashley Barty’s surprise retirement in late March.
The only change in the top 20 is Belarusian Arena Sabalenka, who was defeated by Russian Ekaterina Alexandrova in the final on Sunday to take fifth place from Maria Sakkari.
Neither Sabalenka nor Alexandrova will be at Wimbledon, the third Grand Slam event of the year, as Russian and Belarusian players have been barred from competing since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
No WTA ranking points will be awarded for the event.
WTA Rankings as of June 13, 2022 (Players representing Russia and Belarus are prohibited from competing under the name or flag of Russia or Belarus until further notice):
1. Iga Swiatek (POL) 8631 points
2. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 4511
3. Pala Badosa (ESP) 4245
4. Ons Jabeur (TUN) 4150
5. Arena Sabalenka 4145 (+1)
6. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4075 (-1)
7. Carolina Pliskova (CZE) 3678
8. Jessica Pegula (USA) 3255
9. Daniel Collins (USA) 3255
10. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 3060
11. Emma Radukanu (GBR) 2975
12. Darya Kasatkina 2765
13. Cori Gauff (USA) 2756
14. Barbora Krejsikova (CZE) 2642
15. Leila Fernandez (CAN) 2605
16. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) 2596
17. Belinda Bensic (SUI) 2585
18. Angelique Business (GER) 2474
19. Victoria Azarenka 2330
20. Simona Halep (ROM) 2196
Get the hottest sports news right in your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access Philippine Daily Inquirer and 70+ other headlines, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download by 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, please contact us.